Multi-Year Accessibility Plan
Statement of Commitment
Newport Private Wealth Inc. (“Newport”) strives to meet the needs of its employees and clients with disabilities and is working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility.
Newport is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”) and the related Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (“IASR”).
This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan summarizes the actions taken from 2021 and beyond to identify, remove and prevent barriers to persons with visible and non-visible disabilities. It also outlines the actions that Newport will put into place in the years ahead to improve opportunities for people with disabilities. This plan will continue to be reviewed and updated at least once every five years.
Newport is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. This means that we will provide services to people with disabilities with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
- Developed Accessibility Policy – posted on the Newport website – www.newportprivatewealth.ca
- Employees who interact directly with clients and visitors are trained and familiar with various disabilities and various assistive devices that our clients and visitors may use.
• Ongoing training programs for new hires and to all employees if changes are made to accessibility standards, AODA and the Human Rights Code.
Information and Communications
Newport Private Wealth Inc. is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
- All content on company website conforms with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (“WCAG”) 2.0, Level AA.
- Newport continues to monitor and update its website and web content to conform with WCAG standards. Newport’s website at www.newportprivatewealth.ca is regularly audited to ensure ongoing AODA/WCAG2.0 AA compliance. If an element of the website such as an image, section of text, or UI component does not meet the WCAG 2.0 AA level specification, fixes are implemented as soon as is reasonably practicable. The most recent accessibility audit was completed on June 29, 2021 and contained only false-positive or non-actionable items.
Newport is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We want to ensure that every qualified applicant has an opportunity to apply for positions within the company. Upon request, accommodations are available to support individuals in applying for the job, during the interviewing and assessment process, as well as once hired.
- If a job applicant requests accommodation, we consult with them and make adjustments that best suit their needs.
- All job postings shall include a statement that lets prospective applicants know that we an equal opportunity employer.
Newport will provide accessible customer service training to all employees who provide services to our clients. New employees will receive accessible customer service training as part of the new hire orientation. All employees will receive supplemental training when changes are made to these policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Training provided as part of new employee onboarding process.
- Records are maintained for all training provided to employees.
- All employees will receive supplemental training when changes are made to these policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
Design of Public Spaces
Newport takes in account the needs of those with disabilities when designing the layout and furniture placement of our public spaces. Our waiting area and private meeting rooms are designed to avoid accessibility barriers.
- We continue to evaluate our spaces based on the public and our client’s needs and respond to feedback as required and requested.
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact us:
Main Line: 1-416-867-7555
Toll Free: 1-866-534-5402
Newport Private Wealth Inc.
469 King Street West, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M5V 1K4
Attention: Accessibility Officer