The Newport Private Wealth team is always growing. Browse our open positions.
Associate Portfolio Manager
The Associate Portfolio Manager will work closely with a Senior Portfolio Manager and assist in a diverse range of matters relating to investment portfolios and wealth management for high-net-worth clients. This will include, under the supervision of the senior portfolio manager, account set up, monitoring transition of assets, implementing Investment Policy Statements in accordance with the strategies set by clients and within the guidelines of the asset mix strategy set by the Investment Committee, and assisting with the collection and analysis of client information for the purpose of developing comprehensive wealth management plans. The role requires working closely with other team members including internal tax advisors and financial planners. Working cooperatively with clients’ other professionals (accountants and lawyers) is essential.
The role requires you to assist with client proposals and presentations, analysis of portfolios including performance and asset allocation analysis. You will also be required to produce financial forecasts for clients.
Although the successful candidate will not have business development targets, they will be encouraged to deepen relationships with existing clients and will be recognized for growing client relationships and developing new ones.
For the right candidate there may be an opportunity to develop into a full portfolio management role.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in business, finance, applied mathematics or another relevant field. A Master of Business Administration is considered an asset.
Professional Qualifications and Registrations
Completion of at least level 1 of the Chartered Financial Analyst designation. Chartered Investment Manager designation will be considered.
Applicants must meet the requirements of the securities regulators (The Ontario Securities Commission for example) to be registered. Having a current registration with the relevant regulators will be an asset.
At least 3 years working in investment management, investment banking, securities analysis or other public or private investment experience.
- The successful candidate will have a client centric view of business management. They will have an inquisitive mind, a caring disposition and take pride in understanding client priorities and delivering excellent outcomes.
- Strong abilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Initiative and project completion skills.
About Newport Private Wealth
Newport Private Wealth is one of Canada’s largest independent wealth management firms. We do things differently. With a focus on delivering excellent client outcomes, we work with some of the wealthiest Canadian families helping to manage their complex wealth management challenges.
Newport Private Wealth promotes values of inclusivity, diversity and equality and this is reflected in our interviewing, hiring and career development practises.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Newport Private Wealth. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
Please contact Nietta Ayiotis at email@example.com to apply.
Department: Wealth Management
Reports to: Senior Management
Newport Private Wealth is a leader in wealth management in Canada. We are growing and need bright and enthusiastic CFA charter holders to help us build and assist in managing the affairs of entrepreneurs and other high net worth clients. Wealth Management is a challenging and rewarding career that requires commitment to learn the many elements of personal finance, discipline to systematically build a client base over years, and the willingness to help clients achieve their personal and financial objectives.
Compensation consists initially of both a fixed and variable component gradually migrating to a variable compensation based upon performance which is unlimited. The objective is to develop a ‘book of business’ in excess of $100 million with the support of the Newport Private Wealth professional team using both traditional and leading edge asset gathering techniques.
- Learn Newport’s diversified, multi-manager investment platform.
- Build a business one client at a time.
- Serve each client with a passion.
- Draw on the skills of the Newport team to ensure each client receives the best possible counsel.
- Become conversant in all areas of personal wealth management including tax, estate, succession and retirement planning.
- Continually improve skills to better serve our clients.
- Motivated and self starting
- Goal oriented
- Enjoys being part of a focused and goal oriented team
- Ability to work cooperatively with all colleagues
- Demonstrates initiative and completion
- Professional in conduct and appearance
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or Finance.
- Successful completion of CFA designation.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar or related role and has successfully built a book of business.
- Strong communication, relationship development and interpersonal skills.
- Must have working proficiency with Microsoft Office including excellent Excel and Power Point presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work on multiple tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to meet the proficiency requirement for registration with the various securities commisions as required.
If you have the skills and enthusiasm to build a successful career in the rapidly growing and rewarding wealth management profession at Newport Private Wealth, please contact Douglas Brown at 416-867-8570 for additional information, or forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.